Hello, Goodbye

>> Thursday, February 3, 2011



Since I have about 8 hours and 21 minutes left of this flight to Hong Kong, I decided to begin writing my first post. I agreed to document this journey, after reading my aunt’s email in which she suggested that I start a blog to update my friends and family members’ on my experience, on the other side of the world, in China. In other words, the purpose of this blog is to allow you to partake this voyage with me.

I will begin this post by addressing the frequent question that I am asked, regarding my decision to abandon everything that I know to set sail for a continent that I only read about.

“CHINA...Why China? “

I decided to move to China, simply, because a great opportunity presented itself. I was offered a Food and Beverage Management Trainee position. When I applied for this job, I was more concerned of the benefits that this experience would bring rather than the fact that I would live in China, far from home. This experience is crucial towards my professional career; I could not have let such an opportunity pass me by. However, after being on this plane for so long and thinking of this question, I cant seem to come up with a negative response on why moving to China could not have been more perfect for me.

China’s economy is booming. “While the rest of the world is still licking its wounds from the International Financial Crisis, China seems to be the least effected and the development of new hotels as part of urban redevelopment plans, tourism development in various regions and as plain investment by real estate companies....” And since I am interested in the Hospitality Industry, I could not have begun my career in a better place.

China’s rich history and culture makes it an ideal location to visit/travel. I consider myself lucky to have the chance to live in such a country.

This new culture, language, and overall experience would force me out of my comfort zone. I hope to grow and to challenge myself.

Lastly, I don’t know when I will be presented with this opportunity again. Since I am young, without a mortgage and a kid, I can pack my life in a couple of suitcases to move across the world. A few years from now, I may have other obligations that will not permit me to do so. Thus, I do not want to have any regrets, when I am looking back on my life.

For the obvious, combination of, reasons listed above, when someone ask me this “why china” question, I want to respond by screaming “ why not, it’s China”





0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP